Hello all! We are hiring! If you or anyone you know would be a good fit for the position described below, please let them know we are hiring.
Ruff Mutts, located in NE Portland, OR is a full service dog training, exercising, and pet sitting business that provides honest, reliable, flexible, and affordable pet care to Portland residents. We love what we do. We have a small team of 6.
*Serious inquiries only. We look forward to hearing from you if you qualify as listed below.*
1) Absolutely no high school students seeking after school work will be considered. Must be 18 years of age or older to apply.
2) Please submit your cover letter and resume with your job history and references to the email above (no phone calls please).
3) In person interviews, background check, and a basic exam may be requested.
4) We aim to hire for this position by December 15th, 2017.
– Ruff Mutts is hiring a Dog Trainer, Dog Adventure Guide, and Customer Care Rep for our dog training and exercising business in Portland.
– Working hours may vary but will be approximately 30-40 hrs/week.
– This position is very physically demanding and may include walking, running, hiking, and lifting heavy objects. It is almost 100% outside including in snow, pouring rain, and hot sunny weather. You MUST be comfortable working outside in all types of weather.
– The majority of hours are Monday through Friday, 10am through 4pm however you will have occasional weekend hours, early mornings, late evenings, and holidays.
– This position includes lots of driving. You are required to own a reliable car that can transport up to 5 large dogs.
-This is a client facing position where you will also work with people. You will be required to field & return calls, emails, find new clients, and address any customer concerns regarding our services.
Expected Duties and Responsibilities:
– Manage dog adventure outings 5 days per week between 10a-2p
– Individually conduct private training consults and training walks on as-needed basis, including follow-ups
– Support the dog walking and pet sitting team with basic dog walking/pet sitting on as-needed basis
– Occasional field hours on weekends and around holidays
– Customer Service and client correspondence via phone calls or emails will be about 5-10 hours each week
Skills, Characteristics, and Experience Requested:
– Experience managing canine playgroups off-leash. Good driving record. Willingness & ability to transport a group of up to 5 dogs in personal vehicle (SUV type car is optimal).
– At least 1 year training dogs using force-free methods, positive reinforcement, and other humane, gentle practices. Experience with private training consults preferred.
– CPDT-KA, IAABC, or KPA CTP or other equivalent certification preferred; a desire for continued education preferred.
– Experience in customer service including excellent phone, email, and in-person etiquette. A kind, patient, and caring disposition is required.
– The ability to multi-task, problem solve on the fly, and have excellent organizational skills.
– The ability to work independently or with a team. Candidate should be accepting of critique & able to adapt.
– We expect you to be absolutely trustworthy, reliable, responsible, and of outstanding character.
– We are looking for someone who is easy to work with, has excellent communication skills, and is meticulous – attention to detail is very important!
– There is competitive pay, potential for free pet care, free dog training advice, option to bring your dog to work, continued education support, and some flexibility with vacation days.
To find out more about Ruff Mutts, the services we provide, and our staff, please visit our website: www.ruffmuttscooperative.com.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.75 to $30.00 /hour